Arizona Smoke-Free Living is a group of leading health organizations and community advocates who work hard to protect every Arizonan from the dangers of secondhand smoke.
Our coalition strives to educate and to create smoke-free living options for all Arizonans. We have the knowledge and resources needed to support property managers and residents to create smoke-free living environments for everyone, regardless of income. Breathing smoke-free air is critical to the health of all people.
Even though today there are more people in Arizona who do not smoke than those who smoke, secondhand smoke is still a very real danger. Our children and older adults are least able to protect themselves from the effects of secondhand smoke, yet they are the ones who are most likely to be exposed to it. That’s why it’s our mission to empower Arizona communities to live smoke-free.
Every day we strive to:
- Educate Arizonans about the health hazards of secondhand smoke exposure.
- Assist apartment residents who are experiencing secondhand smoke drifting into their units.
- Provide apartment property owners and property managers with materials, resources and information for implementing smoke-free policies, including examples of surveys, policy details, resident notification practices and lease addendums.
- Inform residents about smoke-free policies and how these policies may affect them.
How We Can Help
Arizona Smoke-Free Living can provide free resources for new residents, current residents, community organizations and for anyone looking to understand how secondhand smoke affects their communities. Explore the following resources for more information:
- Secondhand smoke’s community impact
- Find smoke-free housing
- Steps to eliminate smoke in your apartment
- FAQ for residents
If you’re an apartment property owner or property manager looking to transition your property to smoke-free living, we can provide:
- One-on-one consultations to plan and prepare for going smoke-free
- Materials and sample documents
- Staff and resident presentations
- Quit smoking program referrals for interested residents
For more information or to set up a one-on-one consultation, please call us at
(602) 433-4834 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.